Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Walmart Announcement Asks Black People to Leave...



When Obama became president I thought this is amazing and then I thought FUCK- how many black people world wide will endure overt racist attack due to this fact. Nothing screams change like a black man running the United States of America and although the world seemed ready, I felt that this would be a true test of tolerance. Don't get me wrong I was happy for Obama, for his personal accomplishment and for the history that was made. I think it's fitting the President of the United States is in fact biracial. Kind of poetic in a way. I sensed his accomplishments would put North America if not the world to the test.

I don't know about you, but I have worked in a place that does not support diversity beyond facade. A place where the hierarchy is very much based on keeping a "safe" distance from the "minority races" and all the while the "Upper Crust" (who are more like Trailer dirt) look down on ethnicity like its a form of Herpes. So I saw this coming. I thought I wonder how many MORE nameless colored people will be pulled over unnecessarily, attacked or denied because some have a personal belief that "we minorities" are getting it "too good". So as I skim headlines only to find a Walmart announcement asked Black people to leave the store...I am not surprised.

Superiority complexes have a way of finding opportunity anywhere. Just one more way of saying, "hey ethnicity, you may not be enslaved but you should be. Let me remind you."

...
...
...

The Announcement (which Walmart can't seem to figure out who made it) was made in a Walmart store in South Jersey. The announcer said," Attention Wal-Mart customers: All black people leave the store now."

Walmart only addressed this after customers contacted management to express their upset. Walmart said this was not acceptable and they plan on ensuring this does not happen in any other store.

...
...
...

I wanted to be appalled much like the customers in the store that this happened to but at this point it is no surprise.

Racism is alive and well.

4 real.

Source:www.nbcphiladelphia.com

No comments:

Post a Comment